This is a useful and interesting set of 20 creative writing sheets for beginning and intermediate students of English as a Second or Foreign Language. It consists of the present, present progressive, past, past progressive, future, future progressive, present perfect, conditional and the modal verb “should”.
Students can do this writing practice as a classroom activity or for homework. This writing activity also leads to great conversations.
The topics are as follows:
1) My Favorite Pastimes
2) My Daily Routine
3) What do you think about social media?
4) My Favorite Recipe
5) My Dreams and Goals
1) What is happening? Look at the picture and describe what is happening.
2) What are you doing now?
1) My Last Trip
2) How was your weekend?
1) What were you doing last night at 9:00 pm?
2) What happened while you were studying?
1) My Future Home
2) My Upcoming Vacation
1) What will you be doing next year?
2) What will you be doing tomorrow at 7:00 pm?
1) Something Creative I Have Done
2) Have you ever received a surprise?
1) If I Won the Lottery
Modal Verb - Should:
1) What should I do? Offer advice about a problem regarding high cholesterol and losing weight.
2) What should I do? Offer advice about a problem regarding a job interview and fear of speaking English incorrectly.
Students can read aloud their essays in the classroom and the teacher can write any errors with corrections on the whiteboard, if necessary.
ESL by Angelica Limonta