This is and English Lesson Plan for ESL/ EFL teachers on Mechanical Tools and Giving Instructions (Imperative Forms)
Please note, this is not a level oriented lesson plan. To teach this type of vocabulary, however, your students should at least be upper intermediate level.
The package includes:
- Mechanical tools English Lesson Plan – 9 pages
- Answer Sheet (.pdf)
- audio file (.mp3) – female voice
- mechanical tool flashcards (20 different tools)
- ReadMe.txt including some ideas on using the flashcards to introduce focus vocab – preferably as a warm-up activity
About the lesson (plan)
English Grammar: Imperative Forms (A2)
Target Vocabulary: Mechanical tools (specialized vocabulary, not level-related)
Presentation: (pages 2, 3)
1. Connect the words with the definitions.
(mechanical tools need to be connected with their definitions, explaining what the tool is used for)
2. Listen to the text and fill in the blanks.
(How to make a table – targeted vocabulary and grammar)
3. Mark the statements T for true and F for false.
(questions related to the listening comprehension above)
Grammar Box (pages 4)
- explaining Imperative Forms – giving instructions, making orders, etc.
- common mistakes pointed out
Practice: (page 5, 6, 7)
1. Give positive and negative instructions.
2. Crossword. (vocabulary/ spelling exercise)
3. Match the opposites. (target grammar and vocab)
Production – 3 assignments
- explain how to use (tools in English)
- work in pairs