PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a quick assessment to prepare and practice for the English II EOC. It could also be used to practice or assess Reading and Writing skills in any 9-12 English classroom. I have used this piece as a benchmark for my students, as well as pre-assessment when they first enter my classroom at the beginning of the year. I've found that this is a great way to more fully understand a student's strengths and growth areas as it tests students on Poetry, Informational Text, and Literature.
This assessment utilizes the following texts:
- "Falling Girl" by Dino Buzzati (Short Story/Fiction)
- "Siren Song" by Margaret Atwood (Poetry)
- "Making and Re-Making Memories" an original Informational Text Article
***Please note: the informational text article is from my piece also listed HERE . If you already own that product, you will see the same article and questions in this listing.***
When you purchase this item you will receive:
- a 23 question (21 multiple choice, 2 Constructed Response) , 10 page reading/writing assessment
- Questions cover skills including:
Point of View
- Full Answer Key
- Constructed Response suggestions