Are you teaching English Language Learners (ELLs) in Texas? The ELL population is growing every day. The ELPS (English Language Proficiency Standards) are an excellent way to make sure your ELLs are getting what they need to make the necessary growth on TELPAS.
In these ELPS Cards, the term "I Can" is used instead of "The Student is Expected to." For the Upper Grades Version, Click here: English Language Proficiency Standards - Texas ELPS Cards with Checklists
More than anything, I wanted to make this product USEFUL for teachers.
Here are the things I have included with that in mind.
• 46 ELPS Wall Cards in 5 Categories - (Strategies, Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
• 5 Headers to go above each Category
• Mini ELPS Cards - to place on a book ring or make a Mini Bulletin Board Display if you are short on space.
• ELPS Documents – All of the English Language Proficiency Standards are in an easy to read format to use for long term planning, TEKS matching, and Lesson Planning.
• ELPS Checklists – Easy to Read and Understand with "Comments" section. Make a set for each of your ELL students and keep documentation each time you have taught one of the standards. These are great to have on hand for Parent Conferences and other meetings that pertain to your ELLs.
Each of the categories is color coded:
• Learning Strategies - Blue - 8 ELPS Cards
• Listening - Green - 9 ELPS Cards
• Speaking - Orange - 10 ELPS Cards
• Reading - Red - 10 ELPS Cards
• Writing - Pink - 9 ELPS Cards
**46 ELPS Cards in All**
I truly hope that your English Language Learners benefit from having these English Language Proficiency Standards readily available. If you have any questions, you can contact me at
Have a great year!