This Activity pack was constructed to help the students engage more with the first part of “To Kill a Mockingbird”.
The activities and quizzes within this pack are designed to achieve the following goals:
• Assess student reading progress.
• To improve student comprehension of the story.
• Provide a basic foundation of commonly used literary devices
• Help students connect this piece of literature to real life contexts and vice versa
This activity pack is best suited for the following student levels:
• First time English Literature students.
• Infrequent readers, who want to gain a better understanding of the story and literature in general.
• Low to medium level ESL/EFL students.
The pack contains:
• 40 activities.
• 12 quizzes (11 chapter quizzes and 1 literary device quiz).
• An answer key for all quizzes.
• Potential answers to activities that have right or wrong answers.
Note: The quiz answer keys and activity answers are attached to the same file, from pages 65-70.
The activity pack for Part 2 will be available for download in July 2016. For further updates on the progress of part 2 please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.