This winter wonderland package includes a range of English Language Arts worksheets all dealing with Winter/Holiday topics and vocabulary. Included in the package:
1. Verbs – student must build 10 sentences using winter vocabulary words (provided)
2. Winter Writing – students examine a picture and must write descriptive sentences.
3. Winter Reading Comprehension – Students read a story about the holidays and respond to multiple choice/short answer questions.
4. Winter Mad Libs – students fill in the blanks using provided winter vocabulary.
5. Short Story – students must write a short story
6. Personal Reflection – Students reflect on what winter means to them and their favourite part of the holidays.
7. Snowflake Scramble – students must unscramble holiday vocabulary
8. Idioms – Students must decipher winter idioms, such as what it means to “be on thin ice”
9. Sequencing – Students read a Holiday story and must put events in order
10. Mix and Match – students must pair vocabulary with the right description
11. Synonyms – Match the winter word with it’s appropriate synonym
12. Antonyms: Match the winter word with it’s appropriate antonym (based on a list, provided)
13. Classifying – students are introduced to classifying and must place holiday words in their appropriate category, cut and paste and create charts.
A fun and diverse unit to help keep your students learning through the month of December!