This PPT looks at Enlightenment thought and how and where that thought influenced revolutions around the world.
* tracing democracy historically (Greeks, Romans, Magna Carta, etc.)
* 83 Enlightenment-Inspired Revolutions placed chronologically on a world map (revealed one at a time with each click of the mouse)
* Visual aid with major enlightenment philosophers
* 30 enlightenment ideals (e.g. 'democracy', separation of powers, natural rights)
* Enlightenment-inspired revolutions, presented by region on a world map Europe: 21, Americas: 23, Asia: 23, Africa: 19
* 83 separate 'revolutions' with title, year, country, and brief description (e.g. - Glorious Revolution – 1688 - England - Replaced Monarchy with a Constitutional Monarchy)
* 4 paragraph writing prompt options for students to respond