This Enlightenment and Revolution Package has everything you need to teach fun and engaging lessons about the Scientific Revolution, Enlightenment Period, and American Revolution. You receive a Unit Lesson Plan, a large selection of activities, PowerPoint, guided notes, tests, and much more.
You can check out my Mega Unit Bundle: 8 units – Medieval Period to World War II
If you like this package, you might also like the following units:
Renaissance, Reformation, and Exploration Package
French Revolution Package
Industrial Revolution Package
World War I Package
Totalitarianism & Holocaust Package
World War II Package
This is what you get in this package:
1. Enlightenment and Revolution Lesson Plan (90 minute class periods) - 6 School Days
2. Learning Targets and Study Guide - Includes a unit overview, 11 learning targets, an essential standard, and a self evaluation students can take to assess their understanding of the content being taught. Also includes a list of terms, people, and events students must know to master the learning target.
3. Enlightenment & Revolution PowerPoint that Includes: Scientific Revolution, major astronomers, Enlightenment, spread of Enlightenment, major philosophes, and the American Revolution beginnings, major events, and how the war ends.
4. Guided Fill-in-the-Blank Notes - Matches the PowerPoint
5. Summative Enlightenment & Revolution 35 Question Test with Key - Also included: Modified Test with Key
6. Faith vs. Science: Opposing View Points Worksheet with Key - A great worksheet that combines Primary and Secondary Source information with questions students need to answer.
7. Enlightenment Period – Stop & Think Activity - Asks students to answer the question "How did the Enlightenment lead to the American Revolution?"
8. Scientific & Enlightenment Contributions Activity – Students are asked to write 4 sentences about major contributors of the scientific revolution and Enlightenment period. Three of the sentences need to be about what they contributed to their field and the fourth sentence about how that person has impacted their life in one way or another.
9. Enlightenment Thinkers Worksheet with Key - A great worksheet with Primary Source information and questions students need to answer.
10. Revolutionary Prompt – Encourages students to put themselves in a person living during the time period and whether or not they would have been a revolutionary during 1776.
11. Slavery and the American Revolution Worksheet with Key - A great worksheet that combines Primary and Secondary Source information with questions students need to answer.
12. American Revolution Sourcework Worksheet with Key - A great worksheet that combines Primary and Secondary Source information with questions students need to answer.
13. What if…Counter-factual Essay – This assignment has students look at the Revolutionary War from a losing perspective. How would history have changed had the Americans lost the war? How would their lives be different? How would the rest of history shaped out?
Choose any or all of the activities, projects, or worksheets that cater to your style and how your class learns. Have a great time teaching about the Enlightenment & Revolution Period!
The Historian, World History Lesson Plans, World History grade 10, lesson plans, worksheets, Scientific Revolution, Enlightenment, American Revolution, 10th grade history, projects, activities, printables, High school history