Beginning with the Meiji Restoration in 1868, Japan was transformed from a remote island nation to a major player on the world scene. In the years leading up to World War II, Japan became increasingly aggressive as she pursued a world empire.
This entire unit on Japanese Expansion from 1931-1941 was part of an International Baccalaureate school requirement on the section The Move To Global War, but would be perfect for any study that focuses on the interwar years or the causes of World War II. This resource contains the following materials:
• Workbook (“Japanese Expansion (1931-1941”) -61 pages with questions and activities at the end of each section
• 12 PowerPoint Presentations that coincide with each workbook section
• 3 PowerPoint Presentations explaining 2 political cartoons from this era
• 6 quizzes
• 4 handouts with notes and activities
• 1 Unit Test (multiple choice, short answer, essay)