This package includes everything you need to teach the entire grade 6 year long course of study (aligned to the Ontario curriculum). This is aligned to Ontario grade 6, however, accommodations are provided where appropriate and many lessons contain open ended questions or parallel tasks to allow students of different levels to achieve success. It would be very easy to use for lower or higher grades as well as other curriculums with minor changes.
It includes 12 complete math units plus a few bonuses!
*** PLEASE NOTE: this product includes lessons created in PowerPoint and Keynote. This exact same product is available with lessons in Smart Notebook here!
Units contained in this bundle are: Place Value, Data Management, Patterning, Mental Math Strategies, Measurement, 2D/3D Geometry, Number Sense Computations, Algebra, Rates and Ratios, Probability and Transformational Geometry.
AND Bonus unit: First Two Weeks - this teaches the skills required to be successful throughout the year (skills include: active listening, accountable talk, problem solving strategies, reasoning and using manipulatives).
Included in this package:
- 7 pages of teacher instructions to help you implement these units in your classroom, links to websites that can provide additional practice and various forms of assessment.
- 12 Units to teach the entire year's curriculum
- Bellwork suggested template for use throughout the year
- Optional math notebook template
- Math notebook assessment guide with rubric
- Week-by-week suggested timing for teaching (year at a glance/long range plan)
Included in each unit:
- Expectations chart for students and parent communication (PDF and editable Word)
- Concept pages for student notebooks (number varies depending on the unit)
- Three-part math lessons for each big idea with a formative assessment for each lesson (number varies depending on the unit)
- Suggested order of teaching
- BLMs as needed (includes 'action' questions and review questions)
- Final unit tests (provided in PDF and Word for editing)
- Answers to unit tests
This listing is new but the same bundle in Smart Notebook format has been available for a year. Check out what buyers are saying:
"This is definitely the best resource I have purchased from TPT and I have purchased many items. Claire has created an amazing package which has everything you need to do a great job teaching Grade 6 Math. Her SmartNotebook Lessons are perfect and make it so easy to use in your classroom without having to prep them. Her test include Knowledge, Thinking, Application and Communication questions. If you teach Grade 6 Math in Ontario, you would be crazy not to buy this package. 3 Part Lessons are completely prepared. I feel so lucky to have found this resource. Thank you so much for all your hard work Claire!"
"This product is amazing. I was a bit hesitant to spend such a large amount on something blindly, however, I was not disappointed. This is my first year teaching Grade 6 and I was quite nervous to plan and teach math. This walks you through the entire year, step by step, and provides a ton of great resources. I would definitely recommend this to new teachers! Thank you."
Units, and other components, are available for purchase separately but you will save when you buy this bundle - you are basically getting TWO UNITS FREE!!
Included in this package:
Math Assessments All Units
Math Expectations Charts All Units
Introducing Math Unit
Computations Fractions Decimals Percents Unit
2D 3D Geometry Unit
Mental Math Strategies Unit
Data Management Unit
Place Value Unit
Transformational Geometry Unit
Rates and Ratios Unit