This set includes one grammar concept per sheet for 36 weeks. There are four per sheet and are in black and white to save on ink. You can print one week’s sheet and make enough copies for your class.
I use these as a quick grammar concept assessment at the beginning of each week to see where my students are and guide my instruction for the week. This allows me to pull small groups for focused instruction, so those students that have already mastered the concepts can work on other concepts. Once students have been taught the concepts, you can use the slip again to check for understanding. Answers for each entrance slip are provided.
- parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, conjunctions, interjections, prepositions)
- simple subjects and simple predicates
- complete subjects and complete predicates
- possessive nouns/apostrophes with singular and plural nouns
- correct use of subject/object pronouns
- subject/verb agreement
- correct use of homophones
- diagramming simple sentences
- prepositional phrases and object of the preposition
- fragment vs complete sentence
- comma use
- independent vs dependent clauses
- correct sentence punctuation
- types of sentences
- punctuating dialogue
- sequential ordering of sentences
There are 36 pages of concepts with answers pages consisting of 4 concepts per page. There are a total of 49 pages in the entire file.