Teach creativity & learning responsibility = teach Entrepreneurship
Lessons easily adaptable for a wide range of student ages.
Entrepreneurship is about more than starting a business and making money. In this unit the students learn a new definitions of entrepreneurship, one that they can take part in right now. In this lesson students are empowered to recognise their own 'personal resources' and apply them to new opportunities in order to 'create value'.
Teaching this unit includes resources to develop student independent learning and self reflection. Developing entrepreneurial characteristics as the course is taught.
- Complete powerpoint, ready to teach, including teaching suggestions and notes.
- Activity sheets and handouts for students
- Pre-project student knowledge scaffold
- Project based learning
- Student assessment entrepreneurship reflection guide and activity
The aim of this unit is to broaden the definition of what an ‘Entrepreneur’ is considered to be. The focus of ‘creating value’ in this unit is to encourage students to realise and understand what resources they have at their disposal and understand that by using them effectively, they can add value to anything, in any situation they might find themselves in. The activity sheet provided will step the students comfortably into the final project.
By the end of these lessons students are encouraged to
- Use external input to assist internal reflection
- Understand entrepreneurship as the act of “adding value” to people, and communities surrounding them.
- Recognise personal resources
- Practically utilise personal resources to add value
- Practice being a social entrepreneur
The activities are designed to connect the knowledge of this content taught with new developing attitudes toward entrepreneurship.
The content is designed in a linear fashion, allowing the teacher to start and end lessons where they deem appropriate for their class. All documents provided can be edited directly onto the PowerPoint or Word document. Please modify and update these lessons as you deem appropriate for your class learning level and curriculum needs.
The activities and project are scaffolded to cater to students of differing pre-existing knowledge and promote an inquiry based approach to learning as well as a project based learning element.
CLICK HERE - Introduction to Entrepreneurship Unit
CLICK HERE - Entrepreneurship & Incubators
CLICK HERE - Characteristics of an Entrepreneur