Conservation and Pollution – A Fourth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation.
It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction terminology (environment, pollution, acid rain, conservation, compost, reduce, reuse, and recycle).
• Explanation of the environment, air pollution, and the formation of acid rain
• Descriptions of land and water pollution
• 3 ways individuals can conserve soil explained (contour plowing, crop rotation, and compost)
• Conserving water and brief explanation of sewage treatment
• The 3 R’s (reduce, reuse, and recycle)
The editable slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are environment, pollution, acid rain, conservation, compost, reduce, reuse, recycle, contour plowing, and crop rotation).
• Activity two has 5 pictured activities that students will explain how to conserve during the pictured activity. There is a sixth box without a picture that students will illustrate their own activity and describe the conservation technique.