Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.81 MB | 16 pages
A great inquiry activity to get your kids thinking about environmental disasters and how humans have impacted the planet. My students loved this assignment, as it gave them the chance to create their own research paths/questions.
***Includes PDF, Word and Powerpoint files. Feel free to adapt these files to meet the needs of your classroom.
1) Powerpoint presentation telling the story of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- 16 slides with text and descriptive visuals
- Worded for grades 5-8
- How did the spill begin?
- How much oil was spilled from the well?
- Some attempts to clean up
- Some effects on animals, habitats and humans
- Discussion questions to develop thinking further after viewing
2) Inquiry assignment that challenges students to create questions and research important environmental disasters that have taken place over the years, and present their findings to the class.