This 16 interactive slide PowerPoint presentation extends student knowledge past basic needs of living things to include their environmental needs.
Students will learn how living things are adapted to suit the environment in which they live.
Students will help Penny the Blue Tang fish find her way home by investigating her body and environmental needs.
Students then answer Who am I questions for two living things and discuss the environmental needs of a whale and a spider.
Teacher notes and discussion questions included.
The titles of slides are:
1. Meet Blue Tang Penny,
2. Could Penny come to live with Puggles the dog in her backyard?
3. All living things have some needs. What are they?
4. Now lets work out where Penny lives,
5. Look at Penny's body to work out where she lives,
6. Lets work out what environment Penny needs to live in
7. Would Penny survive living in the bush?
8. Would Penny survive living in beach sand?
9. The features of Penny's body tell us where she needs to live
10. How are Penny's needs met in the environment?
11. What do the features of these living things tell us about their environmental needs.
12. What am I and where do I live?
13. What am I and where do I live?
14. What would the environmental needs of a whale be?
15. What are the environmental needs of a spider?
16. Congratulations and summary.
Thank you for looking at a product by Science to Teach. I take great pride in my work and hope that you find them fun to use and interesting to teach.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License