Through the web-quests, worksheets and STEAM activities included in these 2 lessons, middle school and high school students are introduced to nonrenewable and renewable energy sources. Then, they create their own electric generator and power it with student-made wind or water turbines. They will love this fun and engaging STEAM activity!
**Please Note: This lesson is part of my Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle.***
For a closer view of the materials included in this lesson and a detailed list of topics, please click on the PREVIEW button above.
My environmental science lessons are designed to facilitate independent learning. I have used them in a flipped classroom, but they also work very well as sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of basic concepts.
*This bundle includes 2 energy lessons (Fossil Fuels/Nonrenewable Energy Sources & Renewable Energy Sources). The Fossil Fuels Lesson is sold individually as well at this link:Fossil Fuels & Energy Lesson & Lab
. Due to the lab extending through both activities, the Renewable Energy Lesson is not available for individual purchase.*
Included in this product:
1. 2 teacher lesson plans including live web-links for student research
2. 2 sets of student guided notes to gather information from web research
3. Electricity Generator STEAM Activity- teacher materials, instructions, student procedures, and worksheets (This is my STEAM Activity- Building an Electric Generator
4. 2 EDITABLE PowerPoint quizzes for assessment
My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
1. Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle
2. Environmental Science: Biosphere Bundle
3. Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle
4. Environmental Science: Hydrosphere Bundle
These lessons are designed to be easy to use for both students and teachers. Regardless of whether you've taught Earth Science or Environmental Science for years or just need a few quick lessons to add to your science curriculum, this is the perfect selection.
You may also be interested in these lessons:
World Biomes Poster Project
Ecology Task Cards
STEAM Lab: Building an Simple Electric Generator using Renewable Energy Sources
STEAM Bundle: Earth's Atmosphere-Composition & Layers
Soil Composition & Layers
Designed and Implemented by: Anne Morgan, Biology & Environmental Science Teacher
Check out my blog for more science tips, tricks, labs, and news!