Are your students obsessed with GPS games? Use it to your advantage! In this outdoor exploration lesson plan and activity, students find local geocaches (containers hidden in plain sight) and learn how GPS can be used in the classroom. The worksheets and directions provided for teachers make this an easy and fun lesson to implement.
Included in this activity:
1. Materials List for teacher
2. Geocaching Game guidelines and instructions for students
3. Explanation of GPS coordinates and trilateration
4. Group job descriptions
5. Instructions for making a new geocache
6. Teacher grading rubric
Note: This activity is location specific. In order to use the activity, you will need to find specific geocache locations near your school. See the official geocaching website to find locations near you: www.geocaching.com.
Students truly enjoy this activity!
I value your feedback. Please rate this product.
My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
1. Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle
2. Environmental Science: Biosphere Bundle
3. Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle
4. Environmental Science: Hydrosphere Bundle (coming January 2017)
*All of my products have been tried and tested in my own classroom. I would never sell something that didn't already work for me!*
Check out my blog for more science tips, tricks, labs, and news!