This lesson uses PowerPoint, worksheets and engaging activities to help your students learn about characteristics, special properties and examples of minerals including color, luster, crystal formation, density, hardness, streak, and cleavage or fracture.
**Please Note: This lesson is part of my Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle.***
My environmental science lessons are designed to facilitate independent learning and are ideal for sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of basic concepts.
Included in this product:
1. PowerPoint presentation providing basic characteristics and properties of minerals
2. Activity- Students practice using mineral properties by identifying up to 20 minerals. A user-friendly identification wheel is provided which provides quicker identification than traditional mineral charts.
3. Teacher instructions and materials list for the activity.
4. Student data sheet to record minerals after identification.
5. Assessment- Online quiz for evaluation of concepts learned.
My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
1. Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle
2. Environmental Science: Biosphere Bundle
3. Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle
4. Environmental Science: Hydrosphere Bundle (coming soon!)
These lessons are designed to be easy to use for both students and teachers. Regardless of whether you've taught Earth Science or Environmental Science for years or just need a few quick lessons to add to your science curriculum, this is the perfect selection.
You may also be interested in these lessons:
World Biomes Poster Project
Ecology Task Cards
STEAM Lab: Building an Simple Electric Generator using Renewable Energy Sources
STEAM Bundle: Earth's Atmosphere-Composition & Layers
Designed and Implemented by: Anne Morgan, Biology & Environmental Science Teacher
***If you enjoy this product, please rate it and provide feedback. ***
Check out my blog for more science tips, tricks, labs, and news!