The worksheets and lab activities in this lesson address soil horizons and layers, soil texture, and soil composition. Your middle school or high students will love testing their own soil samples to determine the amounts of sand, silt, and clay.
For a closer view of the materials included in this lesson and a detailed list of topics, please click on the PREVIEW button above.
**Please Note: This lesson is part of my Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle.***
My environmental science lessons are designed to facilitate independent learning. I have used them in a flipped classroom, but they also work very well as sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of basic concepts.
Included in this product:
1. Teacher lesson plan including live web-links for student research
2. Student guided notes to gather information from web research
3. Soil Analysis Activity- teacher materials, instructions, student procedures, worksheets and discussion questions
4. 5-question quiz for assessment
My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
1. Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle
2. Environmental Science: Biosphere Bundle
3. Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle
4. Environmental Science: Hydrosphere Bundle (coming soon!)
These lessons are designed to be easy to use for both students and teachers. Regardless of whether you've taught Earth Science or Environmental Science for years or just need a few quick lessons to add to your science curriculum, this is the perfect selection.
You may also be interested in these lessons:
World Biomes Poster Project
Ecology Task Cards
STEAM Lab: Building an Simple Electric Generator using Renewable Energy Sources
STEAM Bundle: Earth's Atmosphere-Composition & Layers
Designed and Implemented by: Anne Morgan, Biology & Environmental Science Teacher
***If you enjoy this product, please rate it and provide feedback. ***
Check out my blog for more science tips, tricks, labs, and news!