Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
A solid understanding of Environmental Science is critical for our next generation of leaders and innovators. Combine scientific understanding with career exploration in this Environmental Science STEM Lessons and Career Exploration Bundle! A good mix of in person and distance learning resources including:
1. Environmental Careers Posters Set of 3 (Earth Day, distance learning and in person)
Celebrate the environment and those who help keep our planet beautiful with this set of three Environmental Careers posters. Online STEM career resources included.
2. Environmental Science and Sustainability Careers Webquest (distance learning and in person)
In this inquiry-based webquest, students will explore a wide variety of careers in environmental science, from remote sensing specialist to forester.
3. Sustainability Methods Lesson & Mini Research Project (distance learning and in person)
In this lesson students will begin by taking an online Ecological Footprint test and assess sustainability of their own lifestyle. Students will then brainstorm ways to increase sustainability, and embark on a mini research project to explore 5 Sustainability Methods You Never Knew Existed.
4. Alternative Fuels Webquest (distance learning and in person)
In this comprehensive Alternative Fuels Webquest students will learn about alternative fuels – what they are, why they’re useful, types of alternative fuels, and related careers.
5. Resource Availability - Project Based Mini Unit (in person)
How can we engineer a garden to produce maximum vegetables? Students will design and build 'agriculturally engineered' gardens in an attempt to outperform the control.
6. Fish and Game Warden: protecting ecosystems game and endangered species project (in person)
Through an interactive activity, students explore what a Fish and Game Warden does, and how they maintain the 'web of life'.
7. Natural Hazards Lesson Plan - act as a forester to stop a wildfire! (in person)
How can you stop a wildfire? Acting as foresters, students learn about the fire triangle, and how it can be used to prevent and manage wildfires.
8. Making Energy From Trash! Reading, online STEM activity (distance learning)
In this activity, students analyze a case study of Sweden's biofuel program. They then compare and contrast Sweden with the USA and their own community.
9. Sustainability STEM Challenge (distance learning)
The Sustainability STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to learn what a sustainability analyst does, and test drive the career through fun online activities
10. Making Filthy Water Clean - Water Pollution STEM Challenge
In this mini-unit, students work to solve the world health crisis of unclean drinking water using STEM concepts of water filtration and treatment.
11. BONUS FILE! Earth Day Scavenger Hunt GoogleSlides Activity
20 fun Earth Day things to find, plus a STEM career exploration 'try it' activity. Easy, fun, and prep free!
Over 150 pages worth of lessons, webquests, posters, and more to engage your students in environmental science concepts as well as related STEM careers. Perfect for an environmental science course and download and go Earth Day STEM activities!