Also included in
- This bundle contains a month's worth of lessons, labs, and field activities and is perfect for an introduction to a high school environmental science course. The notes and projects are designed to facilitate independent learning and are ideal for sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of$50.00$59.00Save $9.00
- These environmental lesson plans will help your students to take charge of their learning! This comprehensive course is interactive, hands-on, and student-centered! Students learn about major environmental issues in modern society through detailed lessons and activities. Units cover the four sphe$240.00$274.00Save $34.00
This comprehensive bundle of lessons and activities is perfect for a high school environmental science course and will introduce your high school students to the topics of climate, biomes, ecological succession, and biodiversity. Human impacts on the environment are interwoven through each lesson to provide students with a good basis for any environmental science or APES course.
All student pages come in both PRINT and DIGITAL versions for efficient use in class or through distance learning.
➤Included in this product:
-10 Teacher Planning Pages (standards document, editable daily pacing guide, differentiation ideas for student interest, ability, and learning environment)
-1 PowerPoint (19 editable slides- highly visual and fully animated)
-3 pages of Cornell Notes (both fill-in-the-blank and editable versions included)
-3 web-quests with corresponding student pages for independent learning
-3 pages of my popular Doodle Notes(TM) and a guide to using them in your classroom
- Biome Travel Brochure Research Activity
- Biome Food Web Group Poster Project
- Geocaching Lab (outdoors)
- Plant Transect Biodiversity Lab (outdoors)
- Lionfish Invasive Species Panel Discussion
-6 Extension Pages:
- 3 Digging Deeper extensions for critical thinking (Vegetation & Climate, Keystone Species Project, Invasive Species Research)
- 3 Data Analysis extensions for math integration and interpretation of graphs (Climatograms, Indicator Species, Biodiversity Indices)
-1 online quiz through Google Forms for automatic online grading
-14 editable task cards for a quick and easy unit review
-Editable unit test with multiple-choice and short answer questions (in both honors and regular versions)
-Supplementary Resource Ideas: links and videos for additional explanation or exploration
-Answer keys and grading rubrics for all student pages
➤What topics are included in this unit?
- 9 different world biomes (tundra, taiga, grasslands, deciduous forest, savanna, chaparral, rainforest, desert, alpine)
- Climate v. weather
- Climatograms (or climate diagrams)
Communities & Ecological Succession
- Keystone species
- Indicator species
- Primary v. Secondary succession, climax community, pioneer species
- Types of biodiversity (species, genetic, ecological)
- Biodiversity index
- Sampling methods
- Invasive species
The unit is aligned to NGSS and many state standards. If you’d like to know whether your state standards are covered, you can send me an email at email@example.com.
NGSS addressed in this unit: HS-LS2-1, HS-LS2-6, HS-LS2-7, HS-LS4-6, HS-ESS2-2, HS-ETS1-2. Additional details on standards are included in the teacher planning pages of this course.
*For more details about the specific topics and items included, please see my PREVIEW.*
➤Where can I find other Environmental Science lessons?
Or get the Full Environmental Science Curriculum which includes all these units!
➤What curriculum could I use with this lesson?
This lesson is ideally geared toward high school students and would work well with a general-level Environmental Science or Biology textbook. It addresses the following topics in AP Environmental Science (APES):
- 1.1 Terrestrial Biomes
- 1.11: Food Chains and Food Webs
- 2.4: Ecological Tolerance
- 2.5: Natural Disruptions to Ecosystems
- 2.7: Ecological Succession
- 5.10: Impacts of Urbanization
- 8.2: Human Impacts on Ecosystems
- 8.4: Human Impacts on Wetlands and Mangroves
➤Can I edit these resources to fit my needs?
Some of the files in this unit are editable. The text on the PowerPoints, Cornell Notes, and task cards is all editable so you can adjust the level of content and wording. The pacing guide, printable unit tests, and online quizzes through Google Forms™ are all fully editable. Web-quests, activities, extension pages, and any images included in this unit are in non-editable PDF formats to protect my intellectual property rights and those of the illustrators whose images I’ve purchased for use in this resource.
⭐For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: My TpT Store
You can also
⭐Subscribe to my newsletter for freebies and teaching tips
⭐Follow me on Instagram
⭐Check out my Facebook page
⭐Follow me on Pinterest
I value your feedback. Please rate this product. If you have any issues or questions about this product, please feel free to ask a question in my store or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.