Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Life" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Many of the resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include an 88-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed wit$45.99$58.71Save $12.72
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cell$195.00$261.84Save $66.84
- Great lab experiences are the key to a successful biology or life science course. Spice up your class by having your students perform these 15 "must-do" biology labs. These labs cover cell structure, biochemistry, cell division, genetics and DNA, classification and evolution, and so much more! St$36.50$47.24Save $10.74
- Enzymes, Catalysts and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell: A Complete Teaching Unit Bundle It's all here....everything you need to teach this unit to your students. This complete teaching unit contains 11 separate resources. Both printable and digital versions are included. Resources include a t$29.99$38.97Save $8.98
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$535.00$962.16Save $427.16
FREE Biology lab on enzymes. The title is "Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals." Students will compare and contrast the action of enzymes to that of catalysts.
Catalase is an enzyme that is commonly found in plant and animal tissues. The function of the enzyme catalase is to break down the chemical hydrogen peroxide inside living cells. Because it is toxic, or poisonous, hydrogen peroxide would soon kill the cell if it were not removed or broken down immediately.
In this lab, the enzyme catalase will be compared to the catalyst manganese dioxide. Catalysts are similar to enzymes in that they speed up chemical reactions, but they are not specific for just one reaction.
Related Resources Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: