Enzymes, Catalysts and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell: A Complete Teaching Unit Bundle
It's all here....everything you need to teach this unit to your students.
This complete teaching unit plan contains 10 separate products. This bundled unit contains at least 2 weeks of teaching materials if you complete all of the enclosed labs. It includes everything you need to teach a unit on enzymes and catalysts to your life science or biology students.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in the following MEGA - Bundles. Click the links below to view these bundles.
Cell Physiology Mega Bundle
Biology Full Year Curriculum
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in pdf form. Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of these products were purchased separately, the total cost would be $25.99. I am selling the complete bundle of products for $18.50, a discount of 28%.
All answers are included.
What is included in this bundle?
• A 36 slide powerpoint presentation
• Notes for the teacher
• Notes outline for the student
• Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
• Quiz / Test
• Crossword puzzle
• Homework Assignments / Study Guide (4 pages)
• Lab: Cells, pH and Buffers
• Lab: The Effect of Amylase on Starch
• Lab: Catalase An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
• Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
• Enzyme Graphing and Critical Thinking Exercise
This PowerPoint consists of 36 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (5 pages) and a set of notes for the student (7 pages). The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
Topics covered are:
• The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
• Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming or chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
• Activation energy
• Enzymes, the definition of enzymes, the role of enzymes inside living cells.
• Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
• Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
• Comparison of enzymes and catalysts
• How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
• Summary of the facts about enzymes
• Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme, excessive heat and pH will denature enzymes.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 8 - 12.
The products included in this complete teaching unit plan are seen below. Click on each link to read a complete description and download a free preview.
Enzymes and Catalysts and Chemical Reactions: PowerPoint with Notes for Student and Teacher
FREE LAB - Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
Enzymes and Catalysts Homework / Study Guide
Lab: Cells, pH and buffers
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts Quiz / Test
Enzymes and Catalysts: Jeopardy Review Game
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)