Spice up your review for the unit test on enzymes and catalysts using a fun game format! My students love to review using these Jeopardy Powerpoint review games. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
This review game is on enzymes, catalysts, and the chemical reactions of the cell. The game has 6 categories and each category has 5 questions, for a total of 30 review questions.
The 6 categories are:
- Reaction Lingo
- Intro to Enzymes
- Enzymes 101
- Enzyme or Catalyst?
- Enzyme Fact or Fiction
- Enzyme Fact or Fiction 2
Topics covered are:
- The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
- Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming of chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
- Activation energy
- What are Enzymes?
- The Essential Role of Enzymes in Living Cells
- Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
- Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
- Comparison of enzymes and catalysts.
- How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
- Summary of the facts about enzymes.
- Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme: Temperature and pH.
- Denatured enzymes.
This game was written with a typical biology I class in mind. It can easily be edited to make the questions more simple, or more advanced.
Please Note: This game is in reverse format from a normal Jeopardy game. This games asks a question, and the student supplies the answer. I have found that the normal Jeopardy format is a bit confusing to my students. This format insures a better review before a test.
Related Resources Include:
FREE LAB - Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Enzymes, Catalysts, and Chemical Reactions: PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Enzymes and Catalysts Homework / Study Guide
Enzymes Task Cards
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts Quiz / Test
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page