Also included in
- Enzymes, Catalysts and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell: A Complete Teaching Unit Bundle It's all here....everything you need to teach this unit to your students. This complete teaching unit contains 11 separate resources. Both printable and digital versions are included. Resources include a t$29.99$38.97Save $8.98
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cell$165.00$239.86Save $74.86
These 36 PowerPoint slides (plus teacher and student notes) will captivate your students with colorful photographs and images to provide an in-depth study of enzymes and the chemical reactions of the cell. Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. Both are included! The PowerPoint covers all the topics you would expect to find on enzymes in the biochemistry chapter of a traditional high school biology textbook, including the functions and characteristics of enzymes, diagrams of enzymes in action, activation energy, active sites, and more. A detailed list of the topics covered can be found below.
This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, distance learning, flipped classrooms, or for students in 1:1 classrooms.
What is included in this product?
- A 36-Slide PowerPoint Presentation (Includes traditional PowerPoint, PDF, and Google slides)
- Editable and printable 5-page set of lecture notes for the teacher
- Editable and printable 7-page guided notes outline for the student
- Paperless Digital Version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and /or Microsoft OneDrive
Your students are going to love using the outline as you teach. It allows the student more freedom to listen, think, and ask questions during note-taking. The notes are also perfect for students with disabilities or IEP's.
This resource is intended for use with a first year high school biology class. I have included so that the PowerPoint and accompanying notes can be modified and edited to make this resource a perfect fit for your students. The PowerPoint is designed to hold the attention of your students. The slides are bright and colorful and contain many, many visually appealing pictures and images. Animations and transitions are included to allow you to control the pace of the lesson.
Topics covered are:
- The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
- Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming of chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
- Activation energy
- Energy Absorbing Reactions
- Energy Releasing Reactions
- What are Enzymes?
- The Essential Role of Enzymes in Living Cells
- Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
- Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
- Comparison of enzymes and catalysts.
- How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
- Students will label a diagram of an enzyme-catalyzed reaction.
- Summary of the facts about enzymes.
- Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme: Temperature and pH.
- Denatured enzymes.
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: