This is a set of 51 enrichment, reinforcement, and review task cards for your lessons on enzymes, catalysts, and the chemical reactions of the cell. Students will explore the actions of enzymes inside cells, and will answer questions on activation energy, active sites, the "lock and key" specificity of enzymes, and the conversion of substrate molecules into new products. Key vocabulary words are thoroughly covered.
Suitable for life science and biology students in grades 9 - 12.
Task cards are a fantastic way to enrich or reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 51 task cards on "Enzymes" covers the following concepts and topics:
- The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
- Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming of chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
- Activation energy
- Energy Absorbing Reactions
- Energy Releasing Reactions
- What are Enzymes?
- The Essential Role of Enzymes in Living Cells
- Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
- Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
- Comparison of enzymes and catalysts.
- How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
- Students will label a diagram of an enzyme-catalyzed reaction.
- Summary of the facts about enzymes.
- Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme: Temperature and pH.
- Denatured enzymes.
- Competitive and Noncompetitive Inhibitors.
What is included in this product?
- Teacher Guide containing tips, directions and suggestions.
- A set of 51 task cards in editable and pdf formats.
- Three full page, full color diagrams that are used with selected task cards.
- A student answer sheet for recording answers.
- Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
- A complete teacher answer key.
- A teacher answer key Review PowerPoint that can be used to go over answers with the students.
Related Products Include:
Enzymes and Catalysts and Chemical Reactions: PowerPoint with Notes for Student and Teacher
FREE LAB - Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
Enzymes and Catalysts Homework / Study Guide
Lab: Cells, pH and buffers
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts Quiz / Test
Enzymes and Catalysts: Jeopardy Review Game
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page