Also included in
- Enzymes, Catalysts and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell: A Complete Teaching Unit Bundle It's all here....everything you need to teach this unit to your students. This complete teaching unit contains 11 separate resources. Both printable and digital versions are included. Resources include a t$29.99$38.97Save $8.98
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cell$185.00$251.83Save $66.83
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$525.00$951.13Save $426.13
This is a set of 51 enrichment, reinforcement, and review task cards for your lessons on enzymes, catalysts, and the chemical reactions of the cell. Printable and digital versions are included. Students will explore the actions of enzymes inside cells, and will answer questions on activation energy, active sites, the "lock and key" specificity of enzymes, and the conversion of substrate molecules into new products. Key vocabulary words are thoroughly covered.
Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. This resource is perfect for distance learning and for students in 1:1 classrooms.
Suitable for life science and biology students in grades 7 -12.
What is included in this resource?
- A set of 51 printable and editable task cards.
- Paperless Digital Version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive.
- A student answer sheet for recording answers.
- Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
- A complete teacher answer key.
- Teacher Guide containing tips, tricks, and suggestions for use.
- Review PowerPoint of 37 slides that can be used to go over answers with the students.
Task cards are a fantastic way to enrich or reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 51 task cards on "Enzymes" covers the following concepts and topics:
- The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
- Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming of chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
- Activation energy
- Energy Absorbing Reactions
- Energy Releasing Reactions
- What are Enzymes?
- The Essential Role of Enzymes in Living Cells
- Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
- Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
- Comparison of enzymes and catalysts.
- How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
- Students will label a diagram of an enzyme-catalyzed reaction.
- Summary of the facts about enzymes.
- Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme: Temperature and pH.
- Denatured enzymes.
- Competitive and Noncompetitive Inhibitors.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: