This 4-page document can be used as a final unit test on enzymes and catalysts, or as a review on enzymes for your own teacher-made unit exam. This test consists of 44 questions. Question types include fill in the blank, short answer, multiple choice, and true/false.
All answers are included in the additional 2 page teacher answer that is included with this product.
The questions are of varying difficulty levels. You will receive both a Word document as well as a pdf form of the study guide.
This quiz is appropriate for any biology or life science class with students in grades 9 - 12.
Topics covered are:
- The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
- Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming of chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
- Activation energy
- Energy Absorbing Reactions
- Energy Releasing Reactions
- What are Enzymes?
- The Essential Role of Enzymes in Living Cells
- Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
- Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
- Comparison of enzymes and catalysts.
- How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
- Students will label a diagram of an enzyme-catalyzed reaction.
- Summary of the facts about enzymes.
- Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme: Temperature and pH.
- Denatured enzymes.
Related Resources Include:
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
FREE LAB - Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Enzymes Task Cards
Enzymes, Catalysts, and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell Homework / Study Guide
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts: Jeopardy Review Game
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page