Virginia SOL 4.16
Cards are to be cut and folded so that the equation is on one side and the answer is on the other side. 27 Question Cards included.
Quiz-Quiz-Trade or Showdown could be played with these cards.
Setup: The teacher prepares a set of question cards for the class, or each student creates a question card.
1. The teacher tells the students to “Stand up, put a hand up, and pair up.”
2. Partner A quizzes partner B.
3. Partner B answers.
4. Partner A praises or coaches.
5. Partners switch roles.
6. Partners trade cards and thank each other.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 a number of times.
Setup: Teams each have a set of cards stacked face down in the center of the table.
1. Teacher selects one person on each team to be the Showdown Captain for the first round.
2. The Showdown Captain draws the top card, reads the question, and provides think time.
3. Working alone, all students, including the Showdown Captain, write their answers.
4. When finished, teammates signal they are ready.
5. The Showdown Captain calls, “Showdown.”
6. Teammates share and discuss their answers.
7. The Showdown Captain leads the checking
8. If correct, the team celebrates; if not, teammates tutor, then celebrate.
9. The person on the left of the Showdown Captain becomes the Showdown Captain for the next round.