Equations and Inequalities Interactive Notebook: This is a set interactive notebook pages for equations and inequalities that addresses standards 6.EE.2a, 6.EE.2b, 6.EE.3, 6.EE.5, 6.EE.6, 6.EE.7, and 6.EE.8.
* Define, identify, and use inverse operations
* Write their own equations and identify the inverse operations needed to solve them
* Define and identify the addition and multiplication properties (associative, commutative, distributive, etc.)
* Write expressions from verbal phrases
* Compare and contrast expressions and equations
* Examine completed 2-step equations and determine if the solution is correct or if there is an error. They fix the error is there is one.
* Solve 1-step word problems.
This file will give you 14 interactive notebook pages for your equations and inequalities unit! There are foldables, fill in the blank notes, practice problems, and many more activities for your students in these pages! Interactive notebooks are a great way to increase student engagement, especially for struggling math students or students who “hate math”. When students start cutting, pasting, coloring, and creating their own notebooks they are no longer tuned out, but actively engaged in their learning. If you haven’t tried interactive notebooks in your math classroom yet, you are really missing a great opportunity!
Answer keys/examples included for every page.
I hope you will find this product useful for many years to come!
Please be sure to come back and rate this product to claim your TpT credits! If there is an issue with the product or you have a question, please use the Q&A tab and allow me to address the issue before you rate the product. Thank you!
You may also like:
Simple Interest Scavenger Hunt
Simple Interest Fact Finder
Linear Inequalities Scavenger Hunt
Percent Word Problems Scavenger Hunt
Partner Perfection: Solving 1 Step Equations
2-Step Equations BINGO
1-Step Equation BINGO
2-Step Equations Maze