Directions for Playing the Game
1. Print off cards, cut apart and laminate for durability.
2. Pick the fractions that you are working on to use.
3. Place cards onto table in rows for ease of game.
4. First player chooses two cards and puts them face up in same spot.
5. Player then names each fraction out loud and determines whether they are a match.
6. If cards are a match, then player takes the cards leaving a blank space on the table.
7. Player then takes a second turn.
8. If cards are not a match, then player turns cards over in same space.
9. Player two then takes a turn.
10. Play continues until all cards are gone from the table and all matches have been made.
11. The player with the most matches is the winner.
12. There are 88 total cards making a total match of 44.
This game is great for centers as it does not require much supervision or direction from the teacher.
This game teaches students to recognize equivalent fractions by looking at the portion of a pie that is shaded in.