Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These printable worksheets cover ALL of the third grade fractions standards, presenting fraction concepts "every which way" to build mastery and deepen understanding. This bundle includes 27 pages of fractions printables, plus materials for a “Ways to Show ½” Fraction Sort Flip Book—perfect for 3.NF.A.3.B!
The introduction of fractions in third grade represents a big conceptual leap, so providing a strong foundation is essential. This pack is designed to give kids a range of experiences with fractions, number lines, and fraction models. Care has been taken to include fraction models in a variety of shapes, and in a variety of orientations. All work is based on the CCSS-specified denominators for third grade: 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8.
This Fractions Worksheets Print & Go BUNDLE is useful as:
• skills practice as you encounter these fractions concepts in your math curriculum,
• fractions practice for early finishers,
• fractions small group work,
• fractions homework, or
• in fractions math centers.
Blackline “My Fractions Packet” cover pages are included for each of the 3 fractions packs, should you choose to use them as student packets.
★ This bundle is available at an even deeper discount, in the 3rd Grade Math Essentials MEGA BUNDLE! ★
In order to build their skills, children are asked to:
• recognize equal parts within a range of “wholes”;
• to estimate to partition a variety of polygons into fractional parts;
• to identify fractions shown within a variety of polygons;
• to write fraction names shown in a variety of polygons;
• to regcognize named fractions shown in a series of polygons;
• to name fractional parts given a real-world context (products at the grocery store);
• to match fractions with corresponding points and line segments shown on number lines;
• to write fraction names for points and line segments shown on number lines;
• to draw points and line segments on unlabeled number lines;
• to estimate to partition unlabeled number lines and label given fractions;
• to use number lines in a variety of ways to find equivalent fractions;
• to plot fractions on unlabeled number lines;
• to complete equations using equivalent fractions,
• to order fractions with like denominators;
• to find the greatest fraction in a series of pairs;
• to sort equivalent fractions into groups;
• to order a series of fractions with different denominators from least to greatest;
• to write mixed numbers for fraction models;
• to match mixed number fraction models to their fraction names; and
• to provide an extended response explaining why two fractions are equivalent.
This money-saving BUNDLE includes 3 Fractions: Print & Go Packs—each designed to meet a Grade 3 CCSS Math Standard for FRACTIONS—plus the “Ways to Show ½” Fraction Sort Flip Book.
You may also be interested in these Grade 3 CCSS-aligned math products: