This resource includes notes and practice on the following:
- exploring equivalent fractions with pictures and numbers
- naming equivalent fractions
- making equivalent fractions using pictures, numbers, and number lines
The notes pages are great for introducing this topic and guiding students through a lesson that will explore the different representations of equivalent fractions (numbers, pictures, number lines). They are easy to follow and teachers who need a bit of guidance with this topic will find it a useful resource since it walks students through the important concepts.
-There are four pages focused on picture representations including notes and guided practice.
-There are three pages focused on representing equivalent fractions using a number line including notes and guided practice.
- There are two guided notes pages for identifying equivalent fractions using two different strategies.
- There are three pages of practice with equivalent fractions.
- There is one page of mixed practice, which would be great for homework or a quick assessment.
As always, please contact me BEFORE leaving feedback if you have any questions. I am happy to help whenever I can!