Also included in
- This bundle includes all of our third grade Common Core equivalent fractions on a number line activities. It includes task cards, practice worksheet bundle, daily math, Google Classroom™ activities, I Have… Who Has game, and a QR Code scavenger hunt. All of these activities are ready to print and wi$42.28$52.85Save $10.57
- Teaching 3rd grade math review can be challenging, but it doesn't have to be when you have daily 3rd grade math worksheet activities to support your daily instruction in your third-grade math class. To successfully help your students build a solid foundation, you need engaging and interactive materi$37.64$47.05Save $9.41
This equivalent fractions activity is an in-depth way to learn how to find equivalent fractions using models, number lines, and word problems. Along with comparing fractions using greater, less than, and equal to. Use this with any 3rd-grade classroom or as a review of examples for equivalent fractions for 4th grade.
The Equivalent fractions worksheets take a scaffolded approach and simplify teaching this difficult standard. Students will go from using models that are already filled in, filling in their own fraction models, to creating their own. The same is done with number lines. The worksheets start with labeled number lines and slowly take components away to support the students in creating their own.
This easy-to-use, best-selling activity includes:
• 3 worksheets using fraction models to show equivalence
• 4 worksheets using fraction number lines to show equivalence
• 2 worksheets using a mixture of fraction models & number lines to show equivalence
• 3 worksheets using fraction models to compare
• 3 worksheets using fraction number lines to compare
• 2 worksheets using a mixture of fraction models & number lines to compare
• 2 worksheets using whole numbers
• 2 worksheets using word problems
• Answer Key Included
Want a FREE sample of this activity? Get it here:
Looking for even more? Here are money-saving bundles: Save 20%!
There are several ways you can use these equivalent fractions activities:
• Independent practice in class
• Pair and Share activity
• Small group work
• Extra remediation
• Test review and practice
• Informal assessment
• Guided math work
• Early finisher work/bonus problems
• Morning work
• Differentiated Tasks
Looking for more Equivalent Fraction practice or even digital activities? Check out these activities -
Why this worksheet set?
This activity is not your typical practice set. It begins by giving the students full support with fraction models that are filled in. This visual guides the student to see if the fractions are equivalent. Then the students are asked to fill in the fraction models to find equivalency and finally create their own models. Supports are provided and taken away slowly until there is a further understanding.
The same progression takes place with number lines. The first sheet has number lines that are completely labeled. Then the next sheet has the students label the number line with the support of the parts already there. Finally, there is a sheet with open number lines and an option for students to create their own. This approach helps build students' confidence as they master this standard.
It also covers comparing fractions using models and number lines in the same way. Followed up by comparing fractions with whole numbers and finishing off with word problems. The thought process behind these worksheets is to make it easier for you when teaching this math concept.
Blog post you may be interested in:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Please, let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much,