Fractions: Equivalent Fractions on a Number Line
Hey TPTers, we've got another fractions handout ready to roll.
This time we're teaching students how to use a number line to find equivalent fractions. It focuses on understanding that equivalent fractions on a number line will share the same tick mark. We've thrown in a set of number lines to represent the unit fractions between zero and one. They include: 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, and 1/8. Please note: Page 33 is a half-sheet with the same information on the top and bottom halves. Print half as many copies of this page as you have students and cut them in half.
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach the skill from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
If you're looking for more handouts, we've got a whole Fractions series! Feast your eyes:
* Fractions: Equal Parts pgs 1-2
* Identifying Fractions pgs 3-4
* Identifying Fractions pgs 5-6
* OR Save 50 cents with our Equal Parts and Identifying Fractions Mini-Bundle which combines pages 1 through 6!
* Fractions of a Set pgs 7-8
* Fractions of a Set pgs 9-10
* Fractions: Estimate Part of a Whole pgs 11-12
* OR Save $1.50 with our Fractions of a Set and Estimate Part of a Whole Mini-Bundle which combines pages 7 through 12!
* Equivalent Fractions (Using Fraction Strips) pgs 13-14
* Equivalent Fractions Using "Bottoms Up!" pgs 15-16
* Equivalent Fractions (Finding EFs Using Multiplication) pgs 17-18
* OR Save 50 cents with our Equivalent Fractions Mini-Bundle which combines pages 13 through 18!
* Comparing Fractions pgs 19-20
* Comparing Fractions Using "Bottoms Up!" pgs 21-22
* Comparing Fractions pgs 23-24
* OR Save 50 cents with our Comparing Fractions Mini-Bundle which combines pages 19 through 24!
* Fractions on a Number Line: Equal Parts pgs 25-27
* Fractions on a Number Line: Fractional Intervals pgs 28-30
* Equivalent Fractions on a Number Line pgs 31-33
* Comparing and Ordering Fractions pgs 34-37
* Fractions on a Number Line: Mixed Numbers pgs 38-40
* Improper Fractions on a Number Line pgs 41-43
* OR Save $1 with our Fractions on a Number Line Mini-Bundle which combines pages 25 through 43!
* Using Fractions to Find Part of a Set pgs 44-46
* Expressing Fractions as Whole Numbers pgs 47-50
* Measuring Length Using Fractions; Line Plots pgs 51-54
* Fractions: Equal Shares pgs 55-57
* Fractions: Finding the Whole Group pgs 58-60
* OR Save $1.50 with our Additional Fractions Skills and Practice Mini-Bundle which combines pages 44 through 60!
* OR Get the BEST DEAL with our comprehensive Fractions Bundle, which combines all 60 pages and saves you an amazing $13!!
* We've also got great file folder games to practice Equal Parts
and Identifying Fractions
"How can I...?"
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.