An author study provides a natural framework for literacy. This step-by-step guide to an investigation of Eric Carle’s work will facilitate the process for you.
There are also generic suggestions that will help you create your own plan for your favorite authors.
• An overview of the Eric Carle study
• Suggestions for your Author’s Corner
• Title for your display
• Eric Carle bio
• 3 photos of the author
• Quotes about him
• 3 day plan for the study launch
• Do You Want to be my Friend?
• Have You Seen my Cat?
• A House for a Hermit Crab
• Suggested Noticings
• All required graphic organizers including completed samples
• Display cards for a matrix; sample matrix