Stephanie Skolmoski has created a lesson plan introducing children to Irish music, traditions and St. Patrick’s Day. Lesson includes digital links to YouTube videos and free audio files. There are also several writing activities, musical activities, dance activities and art / craft activities to go along. Additionally, there is information about St. Patrick, Irish musical instruments, leprechauns and Riverdance.
This is the perfect lesson and activity for elementary school children and teachers especially in March at St. Patrick’s Day. The videos are 2 minutes to 2 hours long and the lesson could take about 30+ minutes. Depending on the activity or activities you choose they could take 15+ minutes to complete.
• History of St. Patrick
• History of Leprechauns
• History of Irish Arts
• History of Irish Music
• Introduction to Irish Musical Instruments
• Introduction to Irish Dancing and Riverdance
• Links to YouTube videos and free audio file
• Images to print for visual aids or bulletin boards
• Activities to go along with the song (writing, musical, dance and art)
• Art Pattern Templates
• Printable coloring sheet