Erosion and Weathering – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with three fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to weathering.
• Physical and chemical weathering explained.
• Erosion/causes (flowing water, wind, and glaciers).
• Deposition explained.
• Glaciers (moraine, terminus, and glacial till).
• Land shaped by people (mining, landfills, and deforestation).
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying the parts of a glacier. The identifying terms include ice, snow, terminus, glacial till, lateral moraine, terminal moraine, medial moraine, and ground moraine.
• Activity two has a matching activity where students identify glacier, physical weathering, chemical weathering, erosion, landfill, mining, deposition, deforestation, terminus, moraine, and glacial till.
• Activity three has a writing activity (for the printable) and a listing activity (for the SMARTBoard) where students identify the risks and precautions related to living in a house near the ocean.