Escape Room Activity The Tell-Tale Heart: Help your students understand this popular short story by Edgar Allan Poe with this highly-engaging interactive escape room / break out activity!
No keys or lock boxes needed!
Less Prep for teachers as students will cut out the cards for each task!
This escape room has four tasks:
1. Plot Elements – Students will correctly order the plot cards. There are 5 extra distractor cards that will not be used. Once they determine the plot points, they will write the seven numbers on their Answer Sheet to reveal the key.
2. Literary Devices – Students will work on the 8 task cards to determine the answers. They will write their responses on their answer sheet which will reveal a code word.
3. Close Read Questions - Students will correctly answer multiple choice questions. The correct answers from each question will be unscrambled to reveal a key.
4. Encrypted Message - Throughout the game, students will find parts of a cryptogram. They will solve the encrypted message to reveal a quote. They will then respond to the quote by writing their thoughts.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• Detailed teacher instructions for setting up the escape room
• Signs for each of the four stations if you choose to use them
• Student instructions for each of the four stations
• All the materials students need for each station
• A student answer sheet to record the codes and keys
• A teacher answer key
Take a picture of your students using this resource and tag me on Instagram!