Escape Room, Breakout Activity Fall Printable Version Kindergarten - First Grade
Also included in
- This money-saving bundle has fun, easy-to-set-up (no props needed) escape rooms that will keep your students engaged and learning throughout the school year! They are a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!Each escape room has an attention-grabbing story (problem)Price $22.40Original Price $30.00Save $7.60
- In this money-saving bundle you receive both a print and digital Boom Cards version of an engaging fall escape room that helps your students sharpen their problem-solving, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, math, & literacy skills while helping Sammy Squirrel find his acorns.Use these fun,Price $6.40Original Price $8.00Save $1.60
This fun, fall-themed, easy to set up (no props needed) printable escape room will keep your students engaged and learning! They will love finding and figuring out the clues and lock combinations that will help free Sammy Squirrel's acorns! It is a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!
Oh no! Someone has locked up Sammy Squirrel's acorns! Without his stash of acorns, how will Sammy make it through the winter? Can your students use their literacy, math, and problem-solving skills to help Sammy Squirrel and his friend, Ollie Owl the Detective, solve the clues and figure out the combinations to the locks in time?
A bonus activity is also included. After students have solved all the clues and rescued Sammy Squirrel's acorns, they can use inferencing and deductive reasoning skills to help Ollie Owl the Detective eliminate suspects from his list and figure out which sneaky squirrel locked up Sammy's acorns.
If you have never done an escape room with your students before, no worries! You will receive:
- Teacher instructions for preparing (no props needed - large envelopes are optional, just print & go), setting up, and conducting the escape room
- Table of Contents
- Whole-Class & Small Group Instructions
- Story Cards & Written Narrations for Each (color and black/white) - sets the stage for the escape room and gets students "hooked"
- Printable Clues and Answer Sheets - puzzles, mazes, activities that review skills
- Instructions for Each Clue
- Printable Answer Keys
- Bonus Activity: Sneaky Squirrel Suspects - students will use inferencing and deductive reasoning skills to eliminate suspects until only one remains
- Reward Certificates (color and black/white) - special "Ollie Owl's Star Problem-Solver" certificates "signed by Ollie"
**Please view the preview file to see pictures of everything that is included. **
The following skills are covered in this printable fall escape room:
- Uppercase & Lowercase Letters
- Writing Letters
- Letter Sounds
- Beginning Sounds
- Counting to 10
- Writing Numbers
- One-to-one Correspondence
- ABC Order (alphabetical order)
- Directional Coding - using arrows to show a path on a grid (see preview file)
- Deductive Reasoning
- Logical Thinking
- Cooperation and Teamwork
- Listening Skills
Why use an escape room in your classroom?
- They are engaging and fun for students.
- They promote working together as a team.
- Students use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve riddles and puzzles.
- They are challenging and get students to think.
- They are hands-on.
- Students use their imaginations.
- Students work together to solve the problem.
- Students can showcase their unique skills.
Prefer a digital version? Click here for the Fall Digital Escape Room or get both the print and digital versions here in a money-saving bundle - Fall Print and Digital Escape Room Bundle.
What others are saying about this resource:
"This was exactly what I was looking for! It was so easy to print and put together. Kids had so much fun finding the clues and solving the clues! There was just the right amount of challenge for kinder age. Thank you! I hope you make many more like this!" - Christina C.
"My sons had sooo much fun playing this game. It’s perfect for tricking them into learning. They already want to do it again." - Sydney S.
"The kids love this type of activity and had so much fun!" - Lindsay P.
"My students enjoyed using this activity as a review of previously introduced standards/skills." - Nichola G.
"Fun and engaging resource!" - Lourdes S.
You may also like:
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• CLICK HERE to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.