Also included in
- Are you ready to be the most memorable 1st grade teacher of a child's life? Use these 9 Escape Rooms to guarantee student engagement while they learn and solve a classroom mystery. With little prep, your students will work as a team to break into a box, which breaks them out of the classroom as th$42.30$47.00Save $4.70
Are you ready to be the most memorable teacher of a child's life? Use these step by step instructions to guarantee student engagement while they learn about sight words to solve a classroom mystery. With little prep, your students will work as a team to break into a box, which breaks them out of the classroom as they beat the clock!
What's inside this download?
There are two files.
One is a PDF file with step-by-step instructions, a link to incorporate a video to HOOK your students into the mystery and 3 pre-made CLUES for your class to solve. The other file is an EDITABLE PowerPoint to make it EASY for you to add your own team names to personalized the experience and allow the students to take ownership of the lesson. You can also change the mystery letters to create your own sight words, sentences and riddle.
: New Mystery Decoder sheets, so you can play again without the kids knowing what to expect.
What does an escape room look like for primary students?
You will have to spend about 30 minutes to prep your materials. Students will be separated into two groups. First, students watch the YouTube video as a hook. Then, students are handed a mystery envelope with a clue. The clue might have them find letters to build sentences, solve puzzles, or solve a riddle, for example. Each time they complete a challenge, they get another mystery envelope or clue. Eventually, they will discover keys that will open a box. (The keys are paper. The box can be an old paper box filled with a treat or homework passes that you will open together once each group has their key.) Once the box is open, the student can escape the room to recess or the library. Certificates are provided for students who are Master Mystery Problem Solvers. The activity takes about 45 minutes to complete.
(NO LOCKS OR FANCY TREASURE BOXES necessary)
Check out the PREVIEW!
Students will learn:
⏳ Teamwork Skills
⏳ Sight Words
⏳ Problem Solving Skills
⏳ To Writing Sight Words
⏳ Read Words
⏳ Be Engaged
⭐This is a great lesson for an observation!⭐
Ask and answer questions about key details
Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding
Read common high-frequency words by sight
- Escape Room NUMBERS 1-10 - Troll Themed
- Halloween Escape Room MYSTERY
- Escape Room Alphabet Review -Zoo Themed
- Escape Room Save the Turtles - Ends in a Beach PARTY
- Escape Room Veterans Day
- Escape Room FAMILY LITERACY NIGHT - Dinosaur Themed Editable
- Escape Room -ICEBREAKERS - Getting to Know You
- Escape Room Comprehension - Pirate
☀️ Escape Room Sight Word Mystery Video HOOK PREVIEW Example
Check these other awesome products out:
Copyright © 2017 Cindy Martin (Teacher’s Brain)
All rights reserved by author.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
☺ First 24 HOURS of new products over $1 are ½ off!