Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and even a free sample! An Escape room is a puzzle game in which students solve riddles and puzzles and find clues to finish tasks. In these Escape Room students solve puzzles to open locked$74.00$93.50Save $19.50
- What a great time-saver this resource will be for your study of spiders! This amazing bundle has a Spider Escape Room, a Spider Cage Quick STEM Challenge, and a Spider Print and Read resource.NOTE: All three of the resources in this bundle may be purchased separately. NOTE: If you are looking for a$7.50$9.50Save $2.00
Calling all arachnid lovers- this Escape Room is for you! It's all about spiders and solving tasks and puzzles. Your students will love racing from clue to clue and then unlocking the boxes to get their next task. Best of all- this Escape Room culminates with a STEM Challenge!
NOTE: This Escape Room is available in a money-saving bundle!
What is an Escape Room?
- STEM Escape Rooms are escape room quests that involve solving riddles and tasks to find clues to open a locked box. Students work together to find the keywords that lead to the needed information to unlock a lock.
- Perfect for Halloween and October or anytime! For this Escape Room, the information within the tasks is all about spiders! It’s an Unlock the Box Challenge with a Science-based and/or Halloween theme!
What are the tasks?
- Box 1 will be solved by students completing math problems to solve a riddle. The riddle’s answer will lead to clues and the lock code.
- After unlocking the box, they are led to Task 2. This one involves using small spiders on a coordinated grid to determine which spider to find. That spider will lead them to a clue and the lock code.
- Task 3 involves sorting facts about insects and spiders and unscrambling letters to form a word. The word leads to a display and the lock code.
BUT there is MORE!
Included in this Escape Room is a STEM Challenge! You can use the challenge as a stand-alone project or use it with the Escape Room. One option with the combination of the Escape Room and STEM Challenge is to award the first team to unlock all the boxes with more materials. The second-place team gets a little less and so on. The STEM Challenge involves spiders, too!
What do you need?
- You will need three number locks for this quest.
- Directions are included to use this set without these locks!
- You will also need three boxes. This can be a plastic or metal toolbox, but any box will work- even a cardboard box!
- Directions and photos are included for how to set up the boxes and locks or how to use a version without locks.
Included in the Escape Room file of this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents and 3 pages of tips and tricks for setting up everything
- For Box 1- teacher directions with photos, student directions for the entire event on one card, student directions cards for only Task 1, Spider Information reading selections, Math problems in two ability levels with answer keys, a set of spider images to display as hints, and box labels. (I also included a more challenging riddle if you need to make this task a little more difficult.)
- For Box 2- teacher directions with photos, student directions cards for only Task 2, grid and small spider images, grid directions, a large spider to display with a hint, and box labels.
- For Box 3 – teacher directions with photos, student directions cards for only Task 3, sorting strips about insects and spiders, a large spider to display with a hint, and box labels.
- Miscellaneous forms include Hint cards for each task, an alternative locking system (made of paper), a Check-off Planning sheet, Certificates to award students completing the task, speech bubbles with spider jokes and facts, and all pages are provided in a black and white version. In addition, the Award Certificates are provided in two formats- one labeled for Halloween and one as Spider.
Included in the STEM Challenge of this resource, you will find:
- Overview and hints page
- 4 pages of teacher directions
- Criteria cards for student use
- Lab sheet with answer samples
- 2 pages of photos
- Scoring rubric.
- The scoring rubric, lab sheet, and criteria cards are editable. This STEM Challenge can be purchased separately!
Check the preview to see everything!
Your Prep for this event includes Printing, laminating, and cutting out spider information cards, student directions cards, box labels, grid task and its directions, spider strips task, and spider displays. Also printing and cutting apart the math page. You will also need to set up the boxes and displays.
Who is this for?
This Escape Room and the STEM Challenge were tested with fourth and fifth graders. It would be great for those grades. Some items are provided in two ability levels. Three pages of hints and tips will guide you through using this resource. It’s a highly engaging activity that will create a busy-ness in your classroom that is so much fun.
Comments from my students include:
“I loved this because it was like being a detective.”
• “These are great because we have to use observation skills.”
• “I learned a lot about spiders!”
If you are interested in only the STEM Challenge, it is available separately!
STEM Quick Challenge Build a Spider Cage
If you need something for early finishers as you complete this Escape Room, here is the answer!
- Spiders Flipper Book
- Spiders Print and Read
- Spiders Reading Passages Distance Learning
- Spiders Digital Quick Read Passages Distance Learning
- Spiders Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
For more STEM Escape Rooms click below:
• Land Forms
For more Halloween STEM challenges click below:
•Build a Pumpkin Launcher
•Build a Haunted House Maze
•Build a Pumpkin Elevator
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!