Let’s combine technology and the excitement of an escape room and try a Christmas digital breakout! You may already know how highly engaging an escape event can be. You might also be hesitant to try locks and boxes and the prep. I have you covered! The Escape Santa's Toy Shop is completely digital! No locks, no boxes, nothing to prep!
Students will tackle four tasks in a Google Slides presentation. Each task focuses on a different skill. This includes a logic puzzle, multiplication word problems, figurative language, and irregular verbs. When they have solved the four puzzles, they will take the lock codes they found and click through to the Unlock page in Google Forms. If they have the correct codes, they will Escape Santa's Toy Shop!
What is the Escape?
Students have been busy finishing toys and getting Santa ready to go. After packing those last bags for Santa they have somehow ended up locked in the toy shop. Luckily Santa left behind four tasks and successfully completing them will allow the escape! This can be completed by one student, but the ideal number would be 2-3 as a team. The use of collaboration, sharing the work, and communication is one asset of breakouts or escape rooms!
What are the tasks?
- Task 1 – Students use movable pieces to complete a logic puzzle about the favorite treats of the reindeer. The answer to the logic puzzle is the first unlock code.
- Task 2 – Students solve multiplication word problems and use the answers to move five of the images on the Toy Shop slide. The correct choices give them the unlock code.
- Task 3 – Students match figurative language types to sentences. The numbers for each type of figurative language are used in a giant math problem. The correct answer to the math problem is the unlock code.
- Task 4 – Students find sentences that are grammatically correct. The letters for the correct sentences spell a word. That clue word tells them which image on the last slide should be moved revealing the last unlock code.
- Unlock Form- students fill in the codes they collected. The answers are self-checking and students cannot advance on the form until the answer is correct.
What is included?
- 23-page Teacher’s Guide with a link to add the Google Slide presentation and Google Form to your Google Drive. The guide has step-by-step instructions if you need them.
- Instructions include how to copy the link, how to set up the file in Google Classroom, how to copy a link to the last page of the student slides, tips for every task, answers to each student task and how it is found, and more!
- Student activity in Google Slides
- A detailed Answer Key is included.
CHECK THE PREVIEW TO SEE EVERYTHING!
Why should you try a paperless breakout?
- It is truly paperless! No printing, no laminating, no cutting, no storage dilemmas, no locks, no boxes.
- Students or teams work on their own copy.
- Students use classroom devices or their own personal devices.
- An escape room or breakout is highly engaging and interactive.
What do you need to know?
- This resource was created using Google Slides and Google Forms.
- You must have a Google account.
- Having a Google Classroom account will help you stay organized and easily assign the breakout.
You are going to love this event! The very detailed teacher's guide will walk you through every part of the breakout.
Need more DIGITAL BREAKOUTS? Try these:
You might also enjoy these Halloween Resources:
- Escape the North Pole- No Locks Escape Room (This is a printable escape room.)
- Escape the North Pole and Cookie Packages Bundle
- Christmas STEM Challenge Brown Bag Tree
- Christmas STEM Challenge Cookie Packages
- Christmas STEM Challenge Sleighs and Ramps
- Christmas STEM Challenges Bundle
- Christmas Math Worksheets Print and Solve Gr. 4
- Christmas Math Worksheets Print and Solve Gr. 5
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!