Escape The Maze Escape No-Locks and STEM Bundle
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your prePrice $63.00Original Price $80.00Save $17.00
Escape Rooms for elementary students are amazing. This one especially is ‘a-MAZE’ ing because the topic is mazes. What is different about the paper/pencil escape room is simple! Students complete tasks to earn a method of ‘escaping’. The prep for the events with NO LOCKS is minimal- just making copies. No locks or boxes!
NOTE: This resource also includes a STEM Challenge! It's the fabulous Paper Plate Maze! The No-Locks Escape Room is available without the challenge.
This bundle includes two resources- Escape the Maze Escape Room and Paper Plate Maze.
Escape the Maze
This event is called Escape the Maze. Students will have a Maze paper with four locks to ‘open’. They will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to a clue word. When the clue word is shown to you, students will be given a single math problem. The correct answer to the math problem lets the team pass through one of the ‘locks’ on the maze. After getting through the last lock the team has escaped the maze.
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students find a path through a maze and collect letters on the correct path. The letters spell the clue word. The math problem to complete is either subtraction or multiplication.
- For the second task, students find the pattern to make their way through a pattern maze. They collect letters on the correct path to spell the clue word. The math problem has them determining elapsed time.
- For the third task, students determine the secret code and then decipher a message. The message is the clue word and the math problem is also about elapsed time.
- For the fourth task, students complete a word search puzzle that uses synonyms for the word ‘amaze’. The leftover letters of the puzzle spell the clue phrase and the math problem is either simple division or multiplication with subtraction.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Escape the Maze paper with answer keys
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, Letter Maze, math problems in 2 ability levels, answer key
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, Pattern Maze, math problems in 2 ability levels, answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, Secret Code Message, math problems in 2 ability levels, answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Synonym Word Search, math problems in 2 ability levels, answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Bonus Maze for early finishers
- Award certificate- in color and black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Printing the Escape the Maze paper, Letter Maze, Pattern Maze, Secret Code Message, and Synonym Word Search.
- Printing the math page for each task and cutting apart the problems.
- Printing the hints and certificates is optional.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks. If you prefer that style you can use the math problem answer for each task as the lock code on your locks.
Paper Plate Maze STEM Challenge
This is a Quick Challenge. It is an exploration time with limited supplies and spectacular results! Your students will love the freedom of a quick challenge as they get right to work and learn as they go!
The package specifically contains:
- Cover sheet
- Teacher Background
- 3 pages of Teacher Directions
- Set of Criteria cards for students (in 2 versions)
- Lab Sheet with answer samples
- 3 pages of photos
- Scoring rubric
- All forms are provided in an editable format!
Simple teacher procedures and tons of tips are included. Just talk about the criteria of the task, and let them get busy planning, designing, collaborating, and learning!
Materials needed for the STEM Challenge include heavyweight paper plates, straws (pieces work great), copy paper or scrap paper, and clear tape.
The STEM Challenge will take approx. 45 minutes.
Both resources are available separately:
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the Game
- Escape the School
- Earth Day Escape
- Escape the Library
- Escape the Water Park
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!