Escape the Game No-Locks and STEM Bundle
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your prePrice $63.00Original Price $80.00Save $17.00
This Escape Room bundled with a STEM Challenge is perfect for the month of March or anytime you need to engage students with a sports-themed activity! This No Locks Escape Room has tasks related to basketball that also cover some basic skills of upper elementary students. Students love these events and you will love the low prep!
NOTE: This resource is available in a money-saving bundle:
NOTE: This bundle contains two resources. Each may be purchased separately.
The Escape Room
- This event is called Escape the Game. Students will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to a number or word clue. When the answer is shown to you, students have unlocked that task and will be awarded a basketball card. After getting through the last task the team Escapes the Game.
- The scenario for students is: The team is attending a basketball game. When the game is over they discover they are a little lost in the large arena. To find their way out they will have to complete four tasks. Each task gets them closer to getting out of the arena. After completing four tasks the team escapes the game!
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students complete problems using a coordinate grid with a basketball court background.
- For the second task, students answer questions from a reading passage about the invention of basketball.
- For the third task, students match word meanings to vocabulary words- all words about the game of basketball.
- For the fourth task, students complete a logic puzzle that compares the size shoe of professional basketball players.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Basketball Cards- in two versions (full color and in black/white)
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, On the Court ( coordinate grid), answer key
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, The Fruit Basket (reading passage with questions), answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, It's a Tie Game (matching meanings to vocabulary words), answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Big Foot (logic puzzle) answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Award certificates - in color and black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the 4 task sheets for students
- Copying and cutting apart the Basketball Cards
- Optional copies: scenario and rules sheet, hints, and certificates.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks.
The Basketball Goal STEM Challenge
In this challenge, students will:
- Design and build a basketball goal that must be the correct size to allow a ping pong ball to pass through the hoop.
- Create a device that will shoot the ball.
- Groups will divide into the basketball goal team and the launching team and then have great fun testing their basketball shooting abilities.
- You will need supplies in addition to this package. This includes Cardboard, Pipe cleaners, Netting, Craft sticks in 2 sizes, Dowel stick, Masking tape, Large straws, Cardboard tubes, Rubber bands, Small cup or container, and Ping pong balls.
The challenge resource specifically includes:
- teacher background
- materials and preparation page
- 4 pages of teacher directions
- 4 pages of photographs
- 2 extra Hints page
- 2 lab sheets for student use (one is for the goal team and one is for the throwing device team)
- scoring rubric
- an editable form file
- Check the preview to see which forms are editable! The page count listed for this package includes everything.
This challenge will need 1-2 class sessions (1 hour) to complete.
The two resources in this bundle may be purchased separately:
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the School
- Earth Day Escape
- Escape the Library
- Escape the Water Park
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!