Escape the Library No-Locks and STEM Bundle
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your prePrice $63.00Original Price $80.00Save $17.00
Here's a perfect combo- reading and STEM! This Library Escape Room includes determining genre, identifying forms of figurative language, placing names in ABC order, and determining character, plot, or summary. What is different about the paper/pencil escape room? It is simple! Students complete tasks to earn a method of ‘escaping’. The prep for the events with NO LOCKS is minimal- just making copies. No locks or boxes!
NOTE: This resource is available in a money-saving bundle:
NOTE: The tasks in this Escape Room have parts that refer to children's books and/or characters. One of the books is Charlotte's Web. The accompanying STEM Challenge uses this book as the basis of its scenario. This is an optional scenario for you!
Why the Library? The scenario for students: They are trapped in the library and must help the librarian with four tasks in order to escape. The team has a Library Card that must have four punches (or marks) made to unlock each task.
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students determine if a statement identifies a charact, the plot, or the setting.
- For the second task, students read a sentence/paragraph and determine the genre being described.
- For the third task, students read a sentence and determine what for of figurative language is being used.
- For the fourth task, students have 9 books that must be placed in ABC order using the author's last name.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Library Cards - full color or black/white
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, The One and Only Ivan (characters, plot, setting), answer key
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, What's That Genre? (identify genre), answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, Spider Language (identify forms of figurative language), answer key, poster/handout of figurative language types
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Order, Please (ABC order) answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Award certificates - in color and black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the 4 task sheets for students
- Copying and cutting apart the Library Cards
- Optional copies: scenario and rules sheet, hints, figurative language handout, and certificates.
This challenge features the task of building a cage to hold a certain number of plastic spiders. Students must build the cage with some very specific requirements and keep those spiders happy. The scenario of the challenge is to transfer some spiders, safely, to a new location. Students must build a container that will hold the spiders comfortably and the container must have a viewing window so the spiders can be monitored.
A teacher's guide is included. The Engineering Design Process is listed step-by-step, along with tips from my experience in using this challenge. Your students will love the challenge and you will love the easy prep!
The package specifically contains:
- Cover sheet
- Teacher Background
- 3 pages of Teacher Directions
- Set of Criteria cards for students (with and without background color)
- Lab Sheet
- 2 pages of Photos
- Scoring rubric,
- And all forms are provided in an editable format!
- Specific Teacher Procedures are not included. Just talk about the Criteria of the task, give students their materials bins, and let them get busy planning, designing, collaborating, and learning!
Supplies needed in addition to this package include Plastic spiders, Card stock paper, Construction paper strips, Pipe cleaners, Masking tape, Clear tape (optional), and Plastic pieces (we used laminating film).
The two resources in this bundle may be purchased separately:
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the Game
- Escape the School
- Earth Day Escape
- Escape the Water Park
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!