Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your pre$63.00$80.00Save $17.00
This Escape Room includes completing math problems, logic puzzles, reading, and using idioms. Students don’t even realize they are practicing! What is different about the paper/pencil escape room? It is simple! Students complete tasks to earn a method of ‘escaping’. The prep for the events with NO LOCKS is minimal- just making copies. No locks or boxes! AND, best of all, this bundle includes the perfect STEM Challenge to culminate the Escape Room event!
NOTE: This resource is available in a money-saving bundle:
NOTE: This bundle includes two resources. Each may be purchased separately.
Escape the North Pole - No Locks Escape Room
Students will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to an answer- either a number or words. When the answer is shown to you, students have unlocked that task and will be awarded a 'cookie'. The paper cookies are included in this resource (but feel free to substitute with real ones!) After getting through the last task the team has escaped the North Pole.
Why cookies? The scenario for students: They are competing for a few days off from the North Pole Cookie Factory. If they complete the four tasks they are awarded time off from their jobs. And they can escape the North Pole!
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students complete a logic puzzle to determine which students like certain cookies.
- For the second task, students match Christmas related idioms to sentences in which the idiom is used. They use their answers to solve a riddle.
- For the third task, students determine a path on a world map grid and record locations on the grid and the names of continents they have traveled to.
- For the fourth task, students write the standard form of expanded numbers and then complete an addition problem based on their answers.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Paper Cookies - in two sizes, full color or black/white
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, Cookie Puzzler (logic puzzle) in 2 ability levels, answer key
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, Christmas Idioms, answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, Baking Time, world map grid in 2 ability levels, answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Math Fun in 2 ability levels, answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Bonus Word Search for early finishers
- Award certificates - in color and black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the Cookie Puzzler, Christmas Idioms, Baking Time, and Math Fun (some of these are half sheets that will need to be cut apart)
- Copying and laminating the paper cookies and map grids
- Optional copies: Hints, word search puzzle, and certificates.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks.
In this challenge, students will design and build a package to “mail” some cookies. They will have to build a container to hold the cookies and pack them well so there is no breakage. Since it is the Christmas season the package also needs to be decorated as a gift. At the end of the challenge, students will actually drop their packages to see if they have packed the cookies correctly and then they complete a scoring rubric to see how well they have followed the task rules.
You will need supplies in addition to this package. This includes cookies, zippered bags, bubble wrap, tissue paper, masking tape, card stock, red and green construction paper, construction paper scraps, and glue sticks.
The package specifically includes
- Teacher background
- Materials and preparation page
- 4 pages of teacher directions
- 4 pages of photographs
- extra Hints page
- lab sheet for student use with sample answers
- Task constraints
- Scoring rubric
- Editable forms file
Check the preview to see which forms are editable!
This challenge will need 1-2 class sessions (1 hour) to complete.
You might like these Christmas Resources:
- Christmas Escape Room (with real locks)
- Christmas STEM Challenge Brown Bag Tree
- Christmas STEM Challenge Sleighs and Ramps
- Christmas STEM Challenges Bundle
- Christmas Math Worksheets Print and Solve Gr. 4
- Christmas Math Worksheets Print and Solve Gr. 5
- Christmas Print and Read
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the Game
- Escape the School
- Earth Day Escape
- Escape the Library
- Escape the Water Park
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!