Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your pre$63.00$80.00Save $17.00
In this No Locks Escape Room students complete tasks to earn a method of ‘escaping’. The prep for the events with NO LOCKS is minimal- just making copies. No locks or boxes! Teams are working together to escape the principal's office! As students complete the tasks they receive a mark on their Pencil Scorecard. This resource includes the PERFECT STEM Challenge- students design and create a pencil box!
NOTE: This resource is available in a money-saving bundle:
NOTE: This bundle contains two resources. Each may be purchased separately.
This event is called Escape the Principal's Office. Students will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to a word clue. When the answer is shown to you, students have unlocked that task and will be awarded a mark on their Pencil Scorecard. After getting through the last task the team has Escaped the Office.
The scenario for students is: The team is called to the principal's office but they are quickly told there is no problem. The principal just wants to encourage them with some fun tasks. If they can complete the four puzzles they will escape the office.
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students determine the proper use of irregular verbs.
- For the second task, students read a comic strip and choose the correct homophones to complete each part of the story.
- For the third task, students complete math problems.
- For the fourth task, students determine the names of 12 countries on a world map.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Snowflakes - in two sizes and an alternative version
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, Let's Show a Little Action ( irregular verbs), answer key
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, The Grape Cookie Monster Mystery (homophones), answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, Tools for Math (addition, subtraction, multiplication), answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Where in the World? (identify countries) answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Award certificates - in color and black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the 4 task sheets for students
- Copying and cutting apart the Pencil Scorecards
- Optional copies: scenario and rules sheet, hints, and certificates.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks.
In this challenge, students will build a container that will hold some brand new pencils. The scenario is simply that they need a container and don’t have one or don’t have room for their shiny new pencils among all the other new supplies. So, they set out to invent their own. There are some specific constraints to follow in building the box which includes handles and latches and holding the weight of the pencils. Students will use the steps of the Engineering Design Process as you follow the pages of detailed and labeled teacher directions pages.
You will need supplies in addition to this package. This includes card stock sheets, craft sticks, pipe cleaners, scissors, masking tape or clear tape, glue sticks, art supplies (construction paper, crayons, markers), new pencils, hole punchers, and copy paper.
The package specifically includes:
- teacher background
- materials and preparation page
- 5 pages of teacher directions
- constraints list
- 4 pages of photographs
- one extra Hints page
- student lab sheet –with sample answers
- scoring rubric
- editable forms file
This challenge will need 1 class session (1 hour) to complete.
The Escape Room and STEM Challenge can be purchased separately:
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the Game
- Escape the School
- Earth Day Escape
- Escape the Library
- Escape the Water Park
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!