Escape the Rainbow No-Locks and STEM Bundle
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your prePrice $63.00Original Price $80.00Save $17.00
Students love these events and you will love the low prep! This Escape Room bundled with a STEM Challenge is perfect for the month of March and for searching for that pot of gold! This No Locks Escape Room has some tasks related to rainbows, leprechauns, and pots of gold that also cover some basic skills of upper elementary students.
NOTE: This resource is available in a money-saving bundle:
NOTE: This bundle contains two resources. Each may be purchased separately.
The Escape Room
This event is called Escape the Rainbow. Students will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to a number or word clue. When the answer is shown to you, students have unlocked that task and will be awarded a mark on their Lucky Strip. After getting through the last task the team Escapes the Rainbow. Will they find a pot of gold?
What is the Escape?
The scenario for students is: One of the legends of the rainbow is about its pot of gold. It is said that leprechauns buried pots of gold at the end of rainbows. Students must work as a team to escape the rainbow and get to the end to find the pot of gold! Each team has a task to complete to get started. In order to 'move through the rainbow', the team must complete the task to unlock that part. If they can complete the task they advance and continue with a new task. After completing four tasks the team escapes the rainbow!
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students complete ten math problems and ten tiny mazes.
- For the second task, students match sentences to types of figurative language.
- For the third task, students answer questions from a reading passage about cereal.
- For the fourth task, students determine which sentences are grammatically correct.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Lucky Strips- in two versions (full color and in black/white)
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, Over the Rainbow ( math problems in 2 ability levels), answer key
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, Wish Me Luck (using figurative language in 2 ability levels), answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, Lucky Charms (reading passage with questions), answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Chasing the Pot of Gold (grammar and a math problem in 2 ability levels) answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Award certificates - in color and black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the 4 task sheets for students
- Copying and cutting apart the Lucky Strips
- Optional copies: scenario and rules sheet, hints, and certificates.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks
The Container STEM Challenge
This challenge features the task of using given supplies to design and build a container. Specific criteria for the task is given to students along with a box of supplies. Stand back and watch them construct! Students record their thinking on lab sheets or a folding graphic organizer- both of which can be used with your Science Interactive Notebooks. Students test their containers by adding pennies as weights! How many pennies can your container hold?
NOTE: Using this challenge with the Rainbow Escape event has the option of designing a pot of gold. A is included with simple directions and lab sheets designed specifically for the pot of gold.
The package specifically contains:
- Cover sheet
- Teacher Background
- 2 pages of Teacher Directions
- Set of Criteria cards for students (with and without background color)
- Lab Sheet
- Folding Graphic Organizer page
- 2 pages of Photos
- Scoring rubric
- BONUS FILE - Directions and forms for Designing a Pot of Gold
NOTE: This is a quick challenge- materials are easy to gather and the challenge can be completed in one class session.
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Game
- Escape the School
- Earth Day Escape
- Escape the Library
- Escape the Water Park
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!