Also included in
- Are you looking for a resource that is highly-engaging for those last few weeks of school? This is the perfect answer! It's an Escape Room with math-based tasks that feature mazes. Your students will love finding their way through the mazes and completing tasks to escape the school! Following the es$5.50$7.00Save $1.50
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your pre$37.95$44.00Save $6.05
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your pre$63.00$80.00Save $17.00
Are you looking for a resource that is highly-engaging for those last few weeks of school? This is an Escape Room with math-based tasks that features mazes. Your students will love breaking out in this no-locks event! You will love the easy prep!
In this No Locks Escape Room students complete tasks to earn a method of ‘escaping’. The prep for the events with NO LOCKS is minimal- just making copies. No locks or boxes! Teams are working together to escape
NOTE: This Escape Room is available in money-saving bundles:
This event is called Escape the School. Students will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to a number or word clue. When the answer is shown to you, students have unlocked that task and will be awarded with a mark on their school map. After getting through the last task the team has Escaped the School.
The scenario for students is: It is the last day of school. The students discover that they are locked in the building. The only way out is to start in one corner of the building and work through a maze as they pass through several rooms. Students will use a map of the school maze as they travel. At some of the rooms, teams must complete a task before continuing. In those rooms, the teacher checks their work and marks their map. When they have earned four marks they have Escaped the School!
: Students use a map to travel through the 'pretend' building. They do not actually move around your school or classroom!
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students complete 8 math problems. Specific digits of the answers are placed in a final problem which reveals the number clue to unlock this task. This task uses tangle mazes.
- For the second task, students solve three math problems. The digits found in the hundreds place of the answers are used in an order of operations math problem to reveal the number clue that unlocks this task. This task uses circle mazes.
- For the third task, students find the area of 12 rectangles. The answers have assigned alphabet letters and when these are matched they will spell the word clue to unlock this task.
- For the fourth task, students complete multiple choice questions using a graph. The answer choices have letters that will spell the word clue to unlock this task. The graph shows the favorite activities of students to try during their summer break.
NOTE: The wording of the tasks and instructions refers to students having a vacation break from school. This resource would be appropriate for summer or winter breaks.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- School Maps
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, All Tangled Up (addition, subtraction, multiplication), answer keys- provided in two ability levels
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, Spinning 'Round and 'Round (addition, subtraction, multiplication), answer keys - provided in two ability levels
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, Lunch Time (finding area of rectangles), answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Our Favorite Activities (using a graph) answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Award certificates - in color and black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the 4 task sheets for students
- Copying and cutting apart the school maps
- Optional copies: scenario and rules sheet, hints, and certificates.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not include a STEM Challenge. It can be purchased in a bundle :
You might like these No-Lock Escape Rooms:
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Library
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the Game
- Escape and Help the Environment
- Escape the Water Park
Or save money and grab a bundle with all of them!
If you are interested in Escape Rooms with locks>>> CLICK HERE
You might also enjoy these Resources:
- End of the Year Escape Room (with locks)
- End of the Year Memory Booklet
- Water Slides STEM Challenge
- Hammocks STEM Challenge
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!